Issue on AMD Readon GPU Cards...

May 13, 2009 at 2:38 AM
Edited May 13, 2009 at 2:39 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm developing a CCTV solution using WPF MediaKit and it aswome!

This code saved tons of time for me.

But, I have found a issue that are important for me and I think it will be important for everyone.

Before I go in for the issue, I've test lot's of system with this and it took lot's of time.

- Core 2 Duo, Quad 2 Duo, i7 Duo with 4GB Ram.
- Readon GPUs : X1400 ~ X4850
- GeForce GPUs : 8800 ~ 285
- Visa 32bit Business

On Readon GPUs the WPF MediaKit goes for a BSoD or Memory Leak which the window dies.
On my analysis, It was not the library problem, it was the WPF D3DImage Control problem.
Even a single D3DImage without the WPF MediaKit on a Readon GPUs the system will die in one week.
If you put over 25 D3DImages it will die in one day.
If you put over 144 D3DImages it will die in 2 hours.

The GeForce GPUs work fine with upper test.

Well, that's all.

How do you think? Or am I missing something with Readon GPUs?

Coordinator
May 13, 2009 at 2:57 AM
Edited May 13, 2009 at 3:08 AM

Hi!

Thanks!  I'm glad you found the library useful.  So you are making a CCTV application?  Thats great!  I have a background in that market and felt they need more WPF!  I've only come across one company that is doing a CCTV app in WPF.  I'd really like to hear more if you are allowed!

I'm not sure I can tell you much about your problem with the Radeons.  If you don't see the issue with NVidia, then I want to say the trouble is with buggy drivers.

If you have a simple, reproducible example that happens on all GPUs, I may be able to find someone on the WPF team that can try to resolve the issue (no promises though).

-Jer