Type Initializer Issue

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Hello All

Below is an error a peice of software I use is throwing up, making reference to WPF Mediakit.

Hoping someone on this forum can assist.  I use a peice of software that you can see at this link.  http://www.tacxvr.com/products/tacx-trainer-software-ii

Amongst various other things the software allows the user to ride a stationary bike trainer and have a DVD file go slower or fast depending on the speed being ridden at (the resistance felt by the rider via the trainer also varies depending on the terrain in the video!)

I think WPF mediakit is only used in the menu of the software to create the static image preview of the course to be ridden

It uses WPF Mediakit, but I think I have deleted a file or something like that when trying to remove a peice of malware from my computer.  Now when I select a new course to ride (read DVD to run) the software crashes.  Below is an excerpt from teh system log to teh software.  Wondering if any of you can tell what file is missing/corrupted etc and if you could tell me where to put this file - maybe it's one of teh ones that comes with teh download of teh software.

Thanks in anticipation of assistance.

Paul

[ERROR   2011/11/24 19:50:47] APPLICATION: Unhandled exception.

exception: The type initializer for 'WPFMediaKit.DirectShow.MediaPlayers.Vmr9Allocator' threw an exception.
   at WPFMediaKit.DirectShow.MediaPlayers.Vmr9Allocator.Finalize()
    exception: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: pUnk
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetObjectForIUnknown(IntPtr pUnk)
   at WPFMediaKit.DirectShow.MediaPlayers.Vmr9Allocator.CreateDevice()
   at WPFMediaKit.DirectShow.MediaPlayers.Vmr9Allocator..cctor()