TV Tuner & HW Acceleration

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I've successfully been using MediaKit with USB based TV tuners with ATSC HD OTA Digital and SD Analog Cable sources. My concern is the CPU usage is still relatively high (30-40%) and I'm wondering if HW acceleration can be utilized in this scenario? Our client machines are all Win7 so I was hoping to take advantage of it's native HW accel features.

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM
Is CPU that high with an analog source?

Sent from the iPh0wne

On Oct 28, 2010, at 2:43 PM, "tinnes" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I've successfully been using MediaKit with USB based TV tuners with ATSC HD OTA Digital and SD Analog Cable sources. My concern is the CPU usage is still relatively high (30-40%) and I'm wondering if HW acceleration can be utilized in this scenario? Our client machines are all Win7 so I was hoping to take advantage of it's native HW accel features.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WPFMediaKit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email WPFMediaKit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Yes, analog cable. I basically took the VideoCapturePlayer and added the appropriate interfaces for tuning. Would the Color Space Converter or AVI Decompressor have anything to do with the CPU usage?

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2010 at 10:26 PM
Yes, investigate the graph (or give a graphedt screen shot) and see if any software conversions are happening. It is possible to get 2 - 4% CPU on quad 2.8ghz on analog and adequate gpu/driver.

Sent from the iPh0wne

On Oct 28, 2010, at 3:20 PM, "tinnes" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Yes, analog cable. I basically took the VideoCapturePlayer and added the appropriate interfaces for tuning. Would the Color Space Converter or AVI Decompressor have anything to do with the CPU usage?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WPFMediaKit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email WPFMediaKit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:07 PM

That's both encouraging and discouraging :)  Is there anything I can configure in the graph to eliminate the need for the CSC/AVI filters (assuming that is the issue)? Is it possible that what the Capture device is outputting is just not compatible with the EVR natively? I've included a link to the graph screenshot. Thanks for your assistance.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5Sc3DpjNyLJMDFiNmYyMjEtYTExNy00MmFjLTlmZGUtNzA3Y2YwYzYxYTFh&hl=en

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2010 at 11:19 PM
I'm on vacation right now, but feel free to remind me when I get back if I forget to get back to u.

Iirc, if u can connect source pin directly to the renderer ud get the best perf. ICaptureGraph2 is not yer friend with perf in a capture graph. Try directly connecting pins. Evr won't provide much advantage in terms of perf here (analog)

Sent from the iPh0wne

On Oct 28, 2010, at 4:07 PM, "tinnes" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That's both encouraging and discouraging :) Is there anything I can configure in the graph to eliminate the need for the CSC/AVI filters (assuming that is the issue)? Is it possible that what the Capture device is outputting is just not compatible with the EVR natively? I've included a link to the graph screenshot. Thanks for your assistance.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5Sc3DpjNyLJMDFiNmYyMjEtYTExNy00MmFjLTlmZGUtNzA3Y2YwYzYxYTFh&hl=en

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Ok, one more and I'll leave you alone. The graph builder does allow me to connect EVR directly to the capture pin but I get no video/audio - just black preview window. Does this indicate anything to you?

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM
Not 100%. Does vmr9 yield anything different. Feel free to email jeremiah.morrill at gmail

Sent from the iPh0wne

On Oct 28, 2010, at 4:27 PM, "tinnes" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok, one more and I'll leave you alone. The graph builder does allow me to connect EVR directly to the capture pin but I get no video/audio - just black preview window. Does this indicate anything to you?

Jun 30, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Hello ,

I am new about WPF. I'm trying to take video from webcam using VideoCaptureElement .Here is my code.

<WPFMediaKit10:VideoCaptureElement x:Name="videoCapElement"   

LoadedBehavior="Play"    

DesiredPixelWidth="320"         

DesiredPixelHeight="240"       

VideoCaptureSource="{Binding Path=CaptureDeviceName}"         

Stretch="Fill"                                                

FPS="40" />

At .cs side ,I use play method of VideoCaptureElement ,

videoCapElement.Play();

There is no error,it is compiling but doesn't work.

Please help me..

Thanks in advance..