Multi-Image Processor

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:33 PM

I am wondering if it would be possible to build a multi-image processor using the WPF MediaKit.  I have a home theatre setup with a 120" projection screen.   Currently I have an old stand alone video processor that has 4 SD inputs and 1 HD output.  I am able to split my screen 4 ways to watch 4 things at once..  I use this exclusively for football.  I would like to replace my current setup with an application running on my HTPC that I have connected via HDMI.   My idea is to get 4 video capture cards (S-Video, not HD) or possibly 3 capture + 1 TV tuner card, and run everything from the computer.  Has anyone ever attempted anything like this, or is it even possible?  I am not much of a programmer, but I don't think it would take much to accomplish something like this, as long as the PC could handle it.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on how I could possibly build something like this, please let me know.  Also, if anyone has suggestions on the type of capture cards that would work best, and any other hardware requirements, it would be much appreciated.  -Thanks