Record webcam and save to disk

Sep 27, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Hey everyone.

I want to record webcam and save it to disk, save the recording to already give directory.

Now i have a combox that displays the webcam and when you choose webcam it starts it up.

When the webcam is on i have a start and stop button that i want to use to start and stop recording. 

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Hello is this the worst forum ever or? Dont anyone know =).

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Really dont want to bump this post but really need help.

I have been gettings some guidelines how this can be made but dont really know how to use the information so please.

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM
You get more bees with honey, than with vinegar ;)

Why don't you start out by saying what you know, but where you are confused how to accomplish this.  The premade controls (such as the VideoCaptureElement) were designed to be fairly simple for people to integrate into their project, but they are also to be used as samples to extend the library easily, so developers like you can add their own functionality.

I think what you are implying is you'd like someone to write the code for you.  That certainly isn't going to happen from me.  You should do as many developers have done before and actually learn the technologies (DirectShow in this case) involved in your problem domain.

Here is a great site with more info.

Sep 30, 2009 at 1:15 AM
Edited Sep 30, 2009 at 1:17 AM

Hey. :)

I dont want anyone to build the code form me =), then i dont learn me something.

I have come so far that the webcam and starts and i get a picture, also done so that you can see the resolution displayed in two label.

Looks like this.

<Label Content="{Binding ElementName=videoCapElement, Path=NaturalVideoWidth}" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="63.047,113.009,0,103.991" Width="115" Foreground="White" Height="25"/>
          <Label Content="{Binding ElementName=videoCapElement, Path=NaturalVideoHeight}" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="63.047,0,0,78.991" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Width="115" Height="25" Foreground="White"/>

<Label Content="{Binding ElementName=videoCapElement, Path=NaturalVideoWidth}" Width="115" Height="25" Foreground="White"/>

<Label Content="{Binding ElementName=videoCapElement, Path=NaturalVideoHeight}" Width="115" Height="25" Foreground="White"/>

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:51 AM

"I think what you are implying is you'd like someone to write the code for you.  That certainly isn't going to happen from me.  You should do as many developers have done before and actually learn the technologies (DirectShow in this case) involved in your problem domain.
Here is a great site with more info."
Last line was exceptionally cool..... lol. I really thought "more Info" link pointed to all the codes required by me... heheheh