play stream from byte[] or server:port?

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Greetings,

I posted this question on the WPF forums (original URL: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpf/thread/0b6afcf1-f223-4519-9bf3-196559774372) and have not yet received a response.  I came across the WPF MediaKit project and was wondering if you thought this was an avenue that would work for my scenario.  Any suggestion is appreciated.  Thanks!

Original post:

I seem to have hit a snag with this and hope that someone out there has a solution.

I am building software to control and communicate with a piece of hardware which will be acquiring a massive amount of video.  The video will be processed in realtime, as it's being acquired, to extract any information we need.  This video will not be persisted at all - it is just not possible to do so...

My problem is this: I need to display the video stream in my WPF client application.  I have access to the server:port (non-windows server, and cannot install a media server) and can get a byte stream of the video being acquired; however, the MediaElement's Source property is a Uri.  Any thoughts on how to get my non-persistable video stream to display on in my WPF client?

Any input or thoughts would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

E.

Sep 30, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Hi, I am also interested of a solution for playing video from byte array. Do you think wpf mediakit can support such a scenario in the near future? If not, is there any other solution out there that can do that? Thanks! 

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2009 at 9:04 AM
I've been wanting to build this for a while, but I haven't the free time.  You essentially need to build a directshow source filter.

Here's a link I found on stackoverflow.

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:17 AM

I'd be interested in playing from byte[] array as well - it is the most important feature to me.

I'd do it but I am not sure I have enough time to get through DS crap and implement it by myself though.