Hauppauage HD-PVR2 Support or Ideas?

Sep 22, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Ok so I've blown a good amount of time doing research but am still quite confused, as I've never messed with digital video like this before. Does anyone know if the Hauppauage HD PVR-2 could possibly work with WPDMediaKit? If so, got any sample code or direction?
I've used analog devices in the past with it of course very simple to plugin and it just 'works'... this thing I'm sure can 'work', but wow... I'm getting no where fast.. figure I'd check with the pro's.

So basically I can hook up the PVR-2, configure graphedit, 'start' it and it will connect to the device and open up the stream(LED turns yellow indicating that it's all working)... just the next steps are confusing me.. ie "You can then demultiplex it or do whatever you want to it".
I can't figure out how to get the Hauppauage device to actually display something in my app. It's a WPF/VB.NET app.
WPFMediaKit does detect the capture device at least, but nothing really happens.... probably missing something obvious.

PVR-2:http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr2-gaming.html
Facebook page saying it should be "simple": https://www.facebook.com/hauppaugecomputerworks/posts/705754326118282

"Did you know you can add HD PVR 2 video to your Windows application?
If you are a Windows application developer and want to use the HD PVR 2 within your application to record high quality video, you can do this using DirectShow. Simply build a DirectShow graph and add the HD PVR 2 (called 'Siena' in graph edit) crossbar, capture and encoder filters. Then connect them all up, and graph edit will output a transport stream containing H.264 and AAC audio from your video source. You can then demultiplex it or do whatever you want to it. And you can use standard Microsoft API like IVideoEncoder to control the bitrate. "

Figure I'd check before I spend another 40hrs of my life learning more in-depth about graphedit and all this other confusing stuff!

Thanks!

(back to reading up)