VS2012 IDE errors?

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Hello!

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to xmal and code, but perhaps you could help. I am looking through the code example for the sample applications and the IDE is giving me errors like:

Error 1 The name "VideoCaptureElement" does not exist in the namespace "clr-namespace:WPFMediaKit.DirectShow.Controls;assembly=WPFMediaKit"

the program compiles and runs fine but the gui editor complains about invalid markup. is there anything I can do to fix these "errors"?
Jun 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I had the same errors and I grabbed all the source for this and DirectShowLib-2005 and recompiled both of them together and it it resolved the issues. It's better to do that anyway because then you have the source. You'll have to update all references.
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Alright, that fixed most of the errors except two.

I have created a new project with the recompiled WPFMediaKit and Directshow2005 dlls. and im still getting these errors on these controls:

Error 1 The member "VideoCaptureDevice" is not recognized or is not accessible.
Error 2 The member "VideoInputDevices" is not recognized or is not accessible.
    <Controls:VideoCaptureElement Grid.ColumnSpan="2" DesiredPixelWidth="320"
                                              DesiredPixelHeight="240"
                                              FPS="30"
                                              Width="640"
                                              Height="480"
                                              VideoCaptureDevice="{Binding Path=SelectedItem, ElementName=videoCapDevices}"
                                              x:Name="videoElement" Stretch="Fill" 
                                              EnableSampleGrabbing="True"/>
    <ComboBox x:Name="videoCapDevices"
                      ItemsSource="{Binding Source={x:Static Controls:MultimediaUtil.VideoInputDevices}}"
                      DisplayMemberPath="Name"
                      Foreground="Black"
                      FontSize="20"
                      VerticalAlignment="Top"
                      Margin="0, 30, 0,0" Grid.Row="1"/>
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Not real sure about the XAML end of things, I have just been setting those with C#. Can you drag and drop the control on and let VS take care of that stuff?
Jun 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM
the controls never show up in my toolbox, do i need to do something to add them? I was just using code from another example:

xmlns:Controls="clr-namespace:WPFMediaKit.DirectShow.Controls;assembly=WPFMediaKit"
Jun 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM
right click in your toolbox and choose items -> all wpf controls, browse to the .dll and add them.
Jun 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I have removed the offending controls, but now im getting this:

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'DirectShowLib-2005, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=67e7b740cdfc2d3f' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I am not sure is this is something in the WPFMediaKit or what.

Issues everywhere!
Jun 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Yeah recompile direct show lib and then reference the new dll when you recompile wpfmediakit and then reference the new dll
Jun 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I don't know what I did, either a combination of building, rebuilding or relinking but its working now.

Weird.
Jun 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Glad it worked out for you. If you can get sample grabbing to work with RGB-10 let me know :)