Error: Unable to Load DLL

Mar 12, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I've created a project using the WPF Media Kit, and it works just fine on two various computers around the offices. However, when I move the release folder over to a third computer, I get the following error:

Unable to load DLL: EvrPresenter32.dll: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

The problem is the DLL is in the folder alongside the executable. Is there somewhere else I need to place this, or some other dependency I may be missing. This particular computer is a fresh install of Windows 7 with all the latest updates. The videos in the project are WMV and play just fine on the PC in Windows Media Player.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, it would be much appreciated.
Mar 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM
MIssing Visual C++ libraries on that computer? It uses msvcr90.dll I think...
May 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM
schungx wrote:
MIssing Visual C++ libraries on that computer? It uses msvcr90.dll I think...
It's more likely that he is missing DirectX March 2009 runtimes. If you check out depends.exe, (Dependency Walker), it will tell you what dependency you're missing. For me, d3dx9_41.dll was missing, so I could not register Evr.dll, or use it in the project directory. Once I installed the Mar 2009 D3D9 redistributables I had no problem registering Evr.dll. In production applications, if it is within your rights to do so, you can install DXSetup programmatically with Process.Start() using dxsetup.exe with the argument /silent. Further more, you can silently register a DLL with the command regsvr32 /s <path>. I am not sure if you can bundle just the required dx3d9_41.dll.