No Audio From TV Tuner

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Hello ,

I can take video from tv tuner and show it in my application.(.I used VideoCaptureElement in my application).

But I could not take audio from tv tuner.

I am using VS2010 and .net framework 3.5. Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance..

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Hello !

I have then same question, 

TV in VideoCaptureElement is OK ,but no audio output and can't change the Channel.

please help me

Thank you very much 

Jul 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM
echo6023 wrote:

Hello !

I have then same question, 

TV in VideoCaptureElement is OK ,but no audio output and can't change the Channel.

please help me

Thank you very much 

Hi,

i am not really an expert.., but will give it a try.

try adding audio renderer to IGraphBuilder object just like VideoMixingRenderer9 video renderer is added.

refer below code line.

m_aRenderer = AddFilterByName(m_graph, FilterCategory.AudioRendererCategory, MultimediaUtil.AudioRendererNames[0]);

this simply picks up first audio out device present in machine and add IBaseFilter for this in graph instance.

Then add below code lines to render audio from TVTuner device to this filter.

hr = graphBuilder.RenderStream(PinCategory.Preview, MediaType.Audio, m_captureDevice,  null,  m_aRenderer);
DsError.ThrowExceptionForHR(hr);

I am using UMAX USB TV Tuner with cable connection.

Works perfect for me!!!

HTH.

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:04 AM

HI !

thank you very much !

it's work perfect 

now my TV Tuner  audio and video is OK

I'll start to learn about change Channel

do You have any idea ?

thanks

ECHO.

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:58 AM

hi.

I have the same problem with the audio. But I have no idea how to implement the suggestion by deep_jamdade.

Can you please share how to make it work?

Thanks

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:09 AM

hello !

First ,my English is not good ..

you should be modify the cs File is 『VideoCapturePlayer.cs』 

and in class VideoCapturePlayer : MediaPlayerBase, ISampleGrabberCB  to add private IBaseFilter m_arenderer; 

and in SetupGraph to add m_arenderer = AddFilterByName(m_graph, FilterCategory.AudioRendererCategory, MultimediaUtil.AudioRendererNames[0]);                

and  hr = graphBuilder.RenderStream(PinCategory.Preview, MediaType.Audio, m_captureDevice, null, m_arenderer);               

then the audio output will be OK

try it

Echo

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Thanks for your reply.

I have added the code as you have suggested. I also added "DsError.ThrowExceptionForHR(hr);" to check for errors and I am getting the "The parameter is incorrect." error.

Any ideas?

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I have no idea ,but I can sent my VideoCapturePlayer.cs for you

when the code mark //echo 101.7.6

it's my code 

good luck

Echo

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Hello ~

when the code mark //echo 101.7.6

it's my code

good luck
by Echo

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 00:31:57 -0700
Subject: Re: No Audio From TV Tuner [WPFMediaKit:264055]

Thanks for your reply.

I have added the code as you have suggested. I also added "DsError.ThrowExceptionForHR(hr);" to check for errors and I am getting the "The parameter is incorrect." error.

Any ideas?
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WPFMediaKit@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email WPFMediaKit@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Sep 5, 2012 at 8:02 AM

That will be very helpful. You can email me at ust.thomasian [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks