PAL,HD (720p,1080p) stream from Decklink Card

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I really liked WPFMediaKit, it is working very well with Decklink card as well but only with SD - NTSC source. Is it possible to capture PAL,HD (720p,1080p) stream from Decklink Card with VideoCaptureElement? Thanks

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I'm trying to do the same thing without sucess! If I find the solution I'll post it here.

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I am now able to view the video in full resolution inside MS visual studio and Expression Blend. The problem I'm having is that in runtime all I get is a blank screen.

And its not because  I have the LoadedBehaviour set to Play and I have the window open in Blend, bacause I don't. When I do, the control doesnt even open.

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Ok, I got it to work!!!

Nothing wrong with WPF MediaKit. :P

I was running it in a Win7 64bits, and because of that MSVisual Studio was compiling to Any CPU, using the wrong .dll files which caused WPF MediaKit not to work in runtime.

I had to set the compiling to x86 in WPFMediakit project and also my primary project.

Which means no x64 for me. :( Oh well.

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:05 PM

It still did not work for me.  Opening up capture properties would always say "NTSC" no matter what I set them to the previous time, and I always saw a black screen.

Set the following registry key to "Full Access" for apps and normal (non-admin) users:

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Blackmagic Design\Decklink\DirectShow

DETAILS: 

The problem appears to be a bug in the Decklink DShow filter which requests R/W access to a registry key under HKLM.  Since opening the key failed with ACCESS DENIED, none of the other "preference saving and loading" activity worked either.  "Legacy" apps will work OK since they use the Vista/7/8 registry virtualization (graphedit.exe falls into this category) but newly created WPFMediaKit apps will not. 

Running elevated did not resolve the problem for me - only changing the permissions on that node.