DivX Videos slow when compiling from sources

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Hi Jer,

I've played a bit with DShow filters, and I realized that even though I could load MKV's within a MediaUriPlayer, it was playing very slowly (and was taking 30% of the CPU, so it looks like my graph doesn't use the hardware support. )

then I moved to play plain divx avi files again, and it was all slow (with the audio pitch very slow as well : makes women talk like very manly gals ;) )

Then I realized that whenever I was using a dll which had a binary size of ~500k, the sound would be fine, and that when I'd compile it myself, I'd get a 128k dll.

the binaries shipped on the release is ~500k.

Even re-downloading your sources and compile it without my modifications to use MKV's, compiles a dll with a 128k size

(I'm talking about the WPFMediaKit.dll of course)

any idea what could cause this ?

OH, and Wmv videos are not affected by the problem.

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:21 AM
What is the speedratio propery set to?

On Apr 21, 2010, at 1:10 AM, "salfab" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Jer,

I've played a bit with DShow filters, and I realized that even though I could load MKV's within a MediaUriPlayer, it was playing very slowly (and was taking 30% of the CPU, so it looks like my graph doesn't use the hardware support. )

then I moved to play plain divx avi files again, and it was all slow (with the audio pitch very slow as well : makes women talk like very manly gals ;) )

Then I realized that whenever I was using a dll which had a binary size of ~500k, the sound would be fine, and that when I'd compile it myself, I'd get a 128k dll.

the binaries shipped on the release is ~500k.

Even re-downloading your sources and compile it without my modifications to use MKV's, compiles a dll with a 128k size

(I'm talking about the WPFMediaKit.dll of course)

any idea what could cause this ?

OH, and Wmv videos are not affected by the problem.

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:34 AM

hahaha, allright... 

SpeedRatio=0.5 in the MediaUriPlayerWindow.xaml

Sorry to have bothered you for such a small thing ;-)

Changed it to 1 and the playback is smooth now !

(doesn't explain the dll size, though, but I guess the binaries and the sources are not the same version ;), and therefore, are not comparable ! :) )