Using Lifecam Cinema (Hi-Def) with WPF MediaKit

Apr 6, 2010 at 5:11 AM

Hey Guys,

First off, just wanted to say that this project is great, so thank you.  But i'm trying to use the media kit to get Hi-def webcam video from a Microsoft Lifecam Cinema but in its higher widescreen modes. Has anyone had any luck with this or can point me in the right direction?? 

I've tried the usual options such as setting the camera resolutions to the ones that the lifecam software give me, but nothing seems to work. I can only get a 4:3 ratio image and even then its a little bit zoomed in than normal.

Thanks.

Carl

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2010 at 5:18 AM
Does setting the UseYuv property to true on the VideoCaptureElement make a difference?  This option is incompatible with the EnableSampleGrabbing=true property.
Apr 7, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Hi Jeremiah,

Thanks for your input - I've tried the UseYUV setting without using enableSampleGrabbing and it does the same. The res. i'm using is 1280 x 720 at 30fps, AMcap tells me its in RGB 24 but at one stage, it said it was in MJPG as well.

I've read through the threads here that widescreen was working on a Logitech Pro 9000?

Thanks

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:23 AM

I finally figured this out. Have posted the solution on StackOverflow

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8213574/video-capture-output-always-in-320x240-despite-changing-resolution/8222736#8222736

(i know this is the second place I posted it, just going through all the places I stopped past when I first discovered the problem and tried to find a solution to help anyone searching in the future.)